Graduate Certificate in Volunteer Management and Administration
This certificate prepares future, and strengthens current, professionals working within community-based organizations to better engage volunteers. Required courses are designed to strengthen the student’s understanding and application of management systems to support recruitment, screening, supervision, training and evaluation of volunteers and volunteer programs.
Director of Family Life and Youth Development Graduate Certificate Program
(What can I do with this program of study?)
Graduate certificate programs are an alternative to a full master’s degree. Our certificate programs are designed to prepare professionals to better serve in their roles as family life and parent educators and youth professionals.
(What will I learn?)
The certificate requires 12 credit hours:
- FYD 556 Organizational Systems in Youth and Family Settings (3 credits)
- FYD 557 Volunteerism in Youth and Family Settings (3 credits)
- FYD 558 Contemporary Issues in Volunteer Resource Management (3 credits)
- Elective (3 credits; see list at departmental website)
(Is this the program for me? How do I apply?)
Applicants must meet one (1) of the three (3) following requirements to apply to a FYD graduate certificate program:
Be a graduate of an accredited four-year college or university, and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 at the time of graduation,
- Be a degree student in good standing in a NC State University graduate program, or
- Have a master’s degree.
Plan of study
(How much time will it take?)
Four courses (12 credit hours) must be completed.
- All certificate requirements must be completed within four calendar years, beginning with the date the student commences the first course toward the certificate.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on all certificate course work.
- The minimum grade to receive certificate credit is "C."
- Students may take up to nine (9) credit hours of coursework as a Non-Degree Studies (NDS)/Post-Baccalaureate Studies (PBS) student before being accepted to the certificate program.
- Transfer credit from other programs is not allowed.
- Students must submit a Family and Youth Development Graduate Certificate Exit Form when all program requirements have been completed.
(When can I start?)
There is a $25 application fee to apply to the graduate certificate program. There are no deadlines for submitting applications for admittance to FYD graduate certificate programs; you can submit your application anytime.
Estimated Tuition and Fees
(How much will it cost?)
Tuition Level: Graduate (View more information about tuition)
Fees: Graduate ASG, Graduate Ed/Tech