Graduate Certificate in Training and Development
The Certificate in Training and Development is a non-degree program for lifelong learning students offered through the Department of Adult and Higher Education at North Carolina State University. The program consists of a selected set of courses that are offered online. The courses are selected to offer a cohesive continuing education opportunity for people in training roles in business and industry.
(What can I do with this program of study?)
This program is designed for the person who has recently advanced into a training position and is without the academic preparation needed or for those choosing to increase their knowledge and skills in training for current or future jobs.
(What will I learn?)
The program requires completion on the following five courses:
- EAC 583 - Needs Assessment and Task Analysis in Training & Development
- EAC 580 - Designing Instructional Systems in Training & Development
- EAC 586 - Methods and Techniques of Training & Development
- EAC 584 - Evaluating Training Transfer & Effectiveness
- EAC 556 - The Change Process: Theory and Practice
(Is this the program for me? How do I apply?)
Requirements for admission to the certificate program include:
- program application form including a statement of career goals, a rationale for completing the certificate program, and a timeline for certificate completion;
- resume identifying educational preparation and work experiences;
- official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
Plan of study
(How much time will it take?)
The certificate requires 15 credit hours. Required courses are offered during fall and spring semesters. Certificate students are expected to maintain continuous enrollment every semester (excluding summer sessions) until all course work is completed. Under unusual circumstances, a one-semester leave of absence will be granted if the student is unable to enroll in a course.
(When can I start?)
Estimated Tuition and Fees
(How much will it cost?)
Tuition Level: Graduate (View more information about tuition)
Fees: Graduate ASG, Graduate Ed/Tech